Dental Bridges in San Antonio
Missing teeth can affect your smile’s appearance and impede proper chewing and speaking. Gaps left by missing teeth allow the remaining teeth to shift and rotate, disrupting dental alignment and facial dimensions. This can lead to issues with eating, and speaking clearly, and can age your appearance. Dental bridges offer an effective restorative solution to replace missing teeth while restoring your smile’s function and beauty. Bridges fill in gaps left by tooth loss to prevent shifting, restore biting/chewing ability, and give you an intact, aesthetically pleasing smile. At Henwood Family Dentistry in San Antonio TX, our skilled dentists create custom dental bridges uniquely matched to your individual needs and smile. Using advanced digital dentistry, we ensure a precise fit, natural aesthetics, and long-lasting durability so your bridge flawlessly restores the look and function of your smile.
Dental Bridges at Henwood Family Dentistry
A dental bridge is a fixed restorative appliance that fills in the space left by one or more missing teeth. Anchored to the surrounding natural teeth or dental implants, the bridge consists of one or more artificial teeth fused between crowns or abutments. The anchoring crowns are cemented onto the abutment teeth on either side of the gap, while the false teeth (pontics) fill in the space in between. The bridge restores your ability to properly bite, chew, and speak while the custom-matched artificial teeth blend seamlessly with your natural smile. During your consultation, our dentists will examine the gap left by your missing tooth/teeth, the health of nearby anchoring teeth, and other factors to determine if a dental bridge is the right restorative option for your individual case versus alternatives like partial dentures or dental implants.
The Benefits of Dental Bridges
Dental bridges offer numerous benefits:
- Restored Functionality – Bridges allow you to properly bite and chew food. They also enable clear speech.
- Aesthetic Appeal – Bridges fill in gaps from missing teeth for an intact, beautiful smile.
- Preventive Care – They prevent remaining teeth from shifting and maintain the face shape.
- Durability – Made from strong ceramic fused with metal or zirconia, bridges are created for long-term wear.
Why Choose Henwood Family Dentistry, San Antonio, TX?
At our San Antonio dental office, we provide:
- Patient-Centric Care – Your needs and comfort come first.
- Transparent Pricing – We provide comprehensive estimates outlining all costs.
- Expertise – Our dentists have extensive training in bridge placement and aesthetics.
We also offer a wide array of general, cosmetic, restorative, and orthodontics dental service to meet your oral health needs.
Comprehensive Range of Dental Services
Along with dental bridges, we provide:
- Teeth Whitening – Professional treatments to brighten your smile.
- Porcelain Crowns – Restore damaged teeth with strong, beautiful crowns.
- Porcelain Veneers – Conceal imperfections with thin veneer shells.
- Invisalign– Clear aligners straighten teeth without metal braces.
- Dental Bonding – We repair chips and cracks seamlessly.
- Root Canals – Relieve pain and save infected teeth.
- Dental Implants – Replace missing teeth with natural-looking implants.
Contact Us Today and Restore your Smile
Are you interested in dental bridges to replace missing teeth? Call Henwood Family Dentistry now to schedule your consultation. We look forward to planning your bridge placement.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do dental bridges last?
With proper care, dental bridges typically last 5-15 years before replacement or repair is needed.
Does a bridge require healthy anchor teeth?
The abutment teeth securing the bridge must be strong and cavity-free to support the bridge.
Are bridges removable?
No, bridges are permanently cemented and cannot be taken out like dentures.
Do bridges feel natural?
Custom bridges are designed for a secure, comfortable fit that feels natural.
What is the process for getting a dental bridge?
The abutment teeth are prepared before impressions are taken. A temporary bridge is placed while the permanent bridge is custom-made in a dental lab. Once complete, the permanent bridge is cemented into place.
Whitening for life
Henwood Family Dentistry
9240 Guilbeau Rd Unit 128
San Antonio, TX 78250
Monday: 8am – 5pm
Tuesday: 8am – 5pm
Wednesday: 8am – 5pm
Thursday: 8am – 5pm
Friday – Sunday: Closed